자료 매체 : http://ideas.repec.org
자료 출처 : http://ideas.repec.org/p/wdi/papers/1997-84.html
창업/기업가정신 관련 정보
Start-ups and Transition
Start-ups and TransitionAuthor info | Abstract | Publisher info | Download info | Related research | Statistics
Daniel M. Berkowitz
Additional information is available for the following registered author(s):
How fast transition should occur and how fast privatization and/or entry should take place in formerly socialist economies has been widely debated by economists. The field evidence on start-ups is mixed, with fragmentary data indicating that the performance of start-ups varies widely across countries. The evidence suggests that two vastly different equilibria are emerging in transition economies: a high development equilibrium and a low development equilibrium. In the high development equilibrium start-ups supply higher quality goods than transforming SOES, aggregate supplies are ample and start-ups are a growth engine. This contrasts with the low development equilibrium in which start-ups provide lower quality goods and the overall supply of goods is lower. In this paper, we develop a dynamic model which explains how features of the transition can push an economy to either the high or low development equilibrium in the long run. We concentrate on the speed with which bureaucratic interference in the economy is eliminated and the speed with which entry by private firms occurs. Our central conclusion is that delayed entry by start-ups can substantially increase the likelihood of the high development outcome, especially when bureaucratic interference is persistent. Our result captures how this interference, while transitory, can have a negative long run impact and underlines the importance of government polices to encourage entrepreneurship, such as subsidies and tax breaks.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. Information about this may be contained in the File-Format links below. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are noton the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Download reference. The following formats are available: HTML (with abstract), plain text (with abstract), BibTeX, RIS (EndNote, RefMan, ProCite), ReDIF
Date of creation: 01 Jul 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 724 E. University Ave, Wyly Hall 1st Flr, Ann Arbor MI 48109
Phone: 734 763-5020
Fax: 734 763 5850
Web page: http://www.wdi.umich.edu
More information through EDIRC
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its listing, contact: WDIworkingpapers@umich.edu (Laurie Gendron).
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2002-04-03 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-MFD-2002-04-03 (Microfinance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
(explanations, RSS feed, Please report citation or reference errors to Jose.Barrueco@uv.es, or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.)
- 1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stepan Jurajda & Katherine Terrell, 2002. "Job Growth in Early Transition: Comparing Two Paths," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp201, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague. [Downloadable!]
- Stepán Jurajda & Katherine Terrell, 2003. "Job growth in early transition: Comparing two paths ," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(2), pages 291-320, June. [Downloadable!] (restricted)
- Jurajda, Štěpán, & Terrell, K., . "Job growth in early transition: comparing two paths," Open Access publications from Charles University in Prague, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education durcharlesuniprague.cz:66, Charles University in Prague, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education. [Downloadable!]
- Stepan Jurajda & Katherine Terrell, 2002. "Job Growth in Early Transition: Comparing Two Paths," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 503, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan. [Downloadable!]
- Jurajda, Štěpán, & Terrell, K., 2002. "Job growth in early transition: comparing two paths," Open Access publications from Charles University in Prague, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education durcharlesuniprague.cz:66, Charles University in Prague, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education. [Downloadable!]
- Jurajda, Stepán & Terrell, Katherine, 2002. "Job Growth in Early Transition: Comparing Two Paths," IZA Discussion Papers 589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA). [Downloadable!]
- Maxim Bouev, 2004. "Diverging Paths: Transition in the Presence of the Informal Sector," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-689, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan. [Downloadable!]
- John S. Earle & Zuzana Sakova, 1999. "Entrepreneurship from Scratch: Lessons on the Entry Decision into Self-Employment from Transition Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 79, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA). [Downloadable!]
Did you know? IDEAS also indexes software components.
This page was last updated on 2012-1-6.
This information is provided to you by IDEAS at the Economic Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis using RePEc data.
'■Column■■■■■ > 기업가정신 관련 자료' 카테고리의 다른 글
|[China] 알리바바(Alibaba)의 창업가 마운과 청년창업가의 대담내용 - 기업가정신 세계일주 (2)||2012.02.05|
|중국 기업가 5대 유형 분석 - 기업가정신 세계일주 (0)||2012.01.31|
|창업과 전환 (Start-ups and Transition) - 기업가정신 세계일주 (3)||2012.01.14|
|기업가정신 육성 및 기업친화정책을 통한 잠재성장률 제고방안 연구 - 기업가정신 세계일주 (0)||2012.01.11|
|청년 창직/창업인턴 성과평가 및 활성화방안 연구보고서 - 기업가정신 세계일주 (2)||2012.01.11|
|창조경제시대의 청년고용과 미래 연구보고서 - 기업가정신 세계일주 (0)||2012.01.10|
Salvatore Ferragamo 2012.11.13 14:54
카테고리의 다른 글Many of her earliest videos were made with the experimental klezmer-punk-pop band Les Reines Prochaines, of which she was a member from 1988 to 1994. In the early 1990s, Rist began experimenting with various forms of electronic media. In 2005 she represented Switzerland at the fifty-first Venice Biennale http://www.styleshoemall.com/categories/Salvatore-Ferragamo/ sadfwereqwrtq